How It Works
Heart + Hand Outreach Ministries is fortunate to receive funding from the West Virginia Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church, United Way of Central West Virginia, The Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation, Toyota, FEMA, and other churches, businesses, and caring individuals. Because of this support, we are able to help alleviate hunger and provide assistance to those living in poverty. We also provide work boots/nonskid shoes and clothing to those that work towards a better tomorrow.
If you would like to make a monetary donation, you can click the PayPal button below to fill out our form or give us a call at 304.342.0029. VERY IMPORTANT: Please specify the purpose for your donation on the comment line: Christmas, Hike for Hunger, Food Pantry, Back to School, etc. If you do not specify, we will use the funds to help where they are needed most.
We have Rewards Partners that will provide us with financial support based on your spending with their organization. Your Kroger card, Amazon Smile account, or Element Federal Credit Union membership are great ways to provide continued support.
Amazon You can select Heart + Hand Outreach Ministries as your charity on Amazon Smile HERE
Kroger You can also click HERE to register your current Kroger rewards card at www.kroger.com and then select Heart + Hand Outreach Ministries to designate your Community Rewards.
Element FCU Click here to Swipe It for Good
Trust, Wills, and Estates
An endowment gift may be made through gifts of cash, securities, real estate or life insurance. Endowment fund opportunities are available to preserve and enhance the services provided by Heart + Hand. Funds may be named in memory of a loved one, in honor of a special person or reflect a donor’s interest.
To set up sustained giving, contact Eddie Bucklen 304-342-0029.
Other Ways To Give
- You can donate furniture, housewares, and clothing Monday through Saturday from 10am to 3pm at our back door. Call 304-342-0029 for a furniture pickup.
- Food donations are always needed. Food donations are welcomed Monday through Friday from 10am to 3pm. Suggested donations: cereal, pancake mix and syrup, soup, spaghetti sauce and pasta, Jiffy mix, or garden vegetables.
- Schedule a pickup to donate towards First Presbyterian’s leadership in the Summer Furniture Mission. This program seeks donations of good, used furniture. Call 304.342.0029 to schedule.
- Sponsor or participate in the annual Hike for Hunger. You can download the registration form here or click here for the sponsorship form.
- We participate in a program called Causeworthy Clothes. They send clothing that we cannot use to Central and South America. We are happy to accept not only your gently used items, but also any and all clothes, shoes, purses, belts, and hats.
Receive an Neighborhood Investment Program WV Tax Credit
Please check with us in the fall of 2021 for availability. To find out more about NIP credits click HERE